May 24, 2013

# About Me # Blog Challenge

Flawed {Blogging Challenge Day 24}

Everyone has flaws...time to learn more about mine on today's Blog Every Day in May challenge.

Day 24: Your top 3 worst traits.

It's really hard to identify my own flaws. Believe me, I know I have them-it's just difficult to sit down and think "What are my worst traits?"

I thought an outsider perspective would work...

Me: "Hey Ben, what do you think my top 3 worst traits are?"
Ben: "I'm not touching that one. You're perfect in every way."

Guess I'm on my own. Here goes nothin'

I am impatient. This has never been more evident than when I got married became a mother. I feel like I have so much to do, and am being pulled in a hundred different directions-I need to get things done and move on! I feel this way at work a lot too-my favorite thing ever is when <as a courtesy> I peek in on a patient to let her know I'm going home, and she asks for help breastfeeding. Really?! Sure...I'll stay an extra 20 minutes to help you-I haven't been away from my family for 13 hours already. Ugh...clearly, I need to work on this!



 I don't communicate well. Ben swears that the most important thing in a marriage is communication. I agree. I'm just not good at it. Particularly if I need help with something. Instead of asking for help, I just deal with things on my own...secretly wondering WHY isn't anyone helping me?! Hmph.

I lack sympathy. Whaaat? Aren't you a nurse? Aren't you supposed to be sympathetic...like, always? I am usually sympathetic (or really, empathetic) with my patients, so maybe I use it all up at work. I think some people just irritate me with their sob stories about how their life is unfair, etc. Get over it.


 Wow, there is some brutal honesty for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment