May 06, 2013

# About Me # Blog Challenge

Blogging Challenge: Days 1-3

A few of my blogger friends have taken on a challenge to Blog Every Day in May! This challenge comes from Story of My Life and I am ready to take it on. Yes, I realize I am a few days late...but we can play catch up. Join me, will you?

 Day One:  The story of your life in 250 words or less...


The story of me, huh? Well…I was born in Memphis, TN and moved to Alpharetta (North Atlanta) when I was 9. Although I consider Alpharetta my home, I still have deep Memphis roots…I love the blues and I’m a barbecue snob. I was an only child until age 16, when my parents adopted my sister, Maya, from Kazakhstan. Laurel came home from China a few years later. I love having sisters and those girls definitely keep me entertained. I have the best parents…seriously, they have supported me in every way, whether they completely agree with my life choices or not. I love them, and the friendship that we now have as adults.
 I am married to my high school sweetheart, who is seriously my other half. Our marriage works because we agree on important, “foundational” issues, yet we are opposite in other ways. I graduated from nursing school 3 years ago, and I have been working my dream job ever since. I love being a mother/baby (postpartum) nurse, although I am sure I will continue to advance and change in my career. I have tossed around the idea of going back to school, so it’s a future plan!
Last June, I became a Mommy to my sweet daughter, Peyton. Motherhood has certainly changed my life, and I feel like I was born to be a Mom. What a blessed life I have!






Day Two: Educate us on something you are good at or know a lot about

OK, this is a hard one...I feel like I have my hands in so many things!
I feel that I am a good nurse. Nursing takes a lot of personal sacrifice, and a true compassion for people. I really feel that I have an ability to connect with my patients. I may not be the best clinician, but the great thing about my career is that there is always something to learn, and ways to improve! On a personal level, I am always trying to improve myself and my environment. 

Day Three: Things that make you uncomfortable

Well, I have a touch of OCD...I know, everyone claims they have it, but I actually become anxious and begin to panic in certain situations. I like for things to be in order, and symmetrical. Having a baby has really challenged this personality flaw...so I've learned to internalize the anxiety.
I also avoid confrontation whenever possible...I just don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment