December 15, 2010

OK...I changed my mind

So, I have been really struggling to keep up with this 12 Days of Christmas business. Between my work schedule and family in town, I have had no time for blogging! Now, I am super far behind and really don't feel like playing catch up. A lot has happened lately that is actually pertinent in my life...and I haven't blogged about it yet! Plus, Ben said, "Your blog is getting really boring.' All things considered...I have changed my mind! So, the 12 Days of Christmas (blog & Ellen-style) can stay where they are. If you want to keep up with Ellen's Giveaways (because they really are pretty awesome gifts), you can follow here.
To get back in to the swing of things, I will play along with Lists of Four.


1. Four shows that you watch:
   -Modern Family
   -Grey's Anatomy
   -Private Practice
   -Glee

2. Four things you are passionate about:
   -My job- you have to be passionate about nursing, or you will crash and burn!
   -My Marriage- it takes a lot of work and compromise...I love every minute of it!
   -My family & friends- I would be a mess without their love and support
   -Access to education- I think it is so important for people to have the opportunity for   
        higher learning. It's not really about the degree you earn, but life lessons along the  
        way.

3. Four words/phrases you say a lot: (these sound strange out of context)
   -Really?...Really
   -You need to feed the baby every 2-3 hours (haha..I repeat this a lot at work)
   -Ok then
   -That's enough outta you (usually directed @ Ben when he is tormenting me)

4. Four things you have learned from the past:
   -You get out of it what you put into it (applicable to school, work, marriage, friendships)
   -It is so important to make time for family & friends
   -You have to do what you love. If you don't love it, change it 
   -You should start Christmas shopping before December 13

5. Four places you would like to go:
   -Italy: I loved it the first time, and I am dying to take Ben!
   -China/Kazakhstan: My parents plan on taking my sisters on a "Heritage Trip" when they 
       get older. I would love to go with them.
   -Washington D.C.: I've always wanted to go! The White House & Holocaust Museum
   -Bora Bora: OK, this is really just symbolic for a tropical vacay that is perfect

6. Four things you did yesterday:
   -Watched my hubby graduate from KSU...and sobbed like a baby
   -Went to Hudson's to celebrate-saw LOTS of family & friends there
   -Read some blogs and avoided writing on mine
   -Had an awesome chat with my mother in law

7. Four things you are looking forward to:
   -Medieval Times with Ben, Christa, and David on Sunday (at 1/2 off!)
   -My first Christmas with Ben...and seeing my sisters' joy that afternoon!
   -The New Year: I have lots of life changes I am excited about
   -Long term-advancing my career. Going back to school-fun!

8. Four things you love about winter:
   -No bathing suits
   -Curling up on the couch under a warm blankie with Mustang
   -Holiday: food, music and decorations
   -Christmas cards (mine will be going out soon-promise!)


1 comment:

  1. I miss when you don't blog, but I totally understand that your schedule is all sorts of crazy. I can totally hear you saying "really?...really" loll

    ReplyDelete